Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pretty Little Liars #3

        I recently read the book Perfect by Sara Shepard, which is the 3rd book in the Pretty Little Liars series.  And let me tell you, I love these books.  But anyway in this book, evreyone finds out about Emily, Hanna and Mona's frienship is on the rocks, Spencer is a labeled a cheater by her family, and Aria is kicked out of her mother's house.  Basically, everyones lives are in shambles.  I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.
        One thing that I've noticed a lot in this series is that everyone has something that they lie about and something to hide.  Aria hides the fact that her english teacher, Mr.Fitz is basically her secret boyfriend.  She lies to her "public" boyfriend, I guess that's what you could call it, by saying how she loves them and how nothing was going on between her and Mr.Fitz.  And that no, she would never cheat on them.  And when he texts her she lies to her parents and says that it was just a friend, or nobody.  She was hiding something, and she was lying.
        But I don't think that she just does those things because she thinks that they're right.  I think that she did those things because she leatned from her father.  She caught her father cheating on his wife with a student named Meridith.  Sound familiar? I sure think so.  Except this time Aria is the student Mr.Fitz is the teacher.  And the student is the one cheating on someone.  And she knows it's not the right thing to do, but it's sort of okay if your parents do it, right? WRONG.  Not everythings okay if your parents do it, sorry!
        But anyway, in real life to everyone has secrets and tells lies.  Lying can have a better outcome then telling the truth, well sometimes.  Like in Aria's case, lying to her boyfriends and parents about Mr.Fitz made it better for her and made it so Mr.Fitz couldn't get in trouble.  But what she was lying about was wrong.  So I wonder if the lies were wrong to, even if they protected 2 people.  Maybe, maybe not.  It really depends on how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment