Monday, September 20, 2010

Charlotte's Web Entry #1

         In the book I've noticed that E.B. White manages to hide little tips and things for little kids all throughout the book.   I think that he does this because he hopes it will help the people that will read the book.  For example, in the beginning of the book when Avery comes downstairs and asks if he could have a pig too Mr.Arable answers that she was up at daylight and now she has a pig.  I think here E.B. White it saying that if you wake up early you get rewarded, which is a good message for little kids.  He does this in many other places in the book but i can't find anymore right now.

          One thing that I like about the book so far is that it is written from Wilbur's view for the most part.  Little bits are Fern's or Charlotte's.  Bu anyway I like it when it is Wilburs view because you kind of get to see things at the other end of the line.  I mean seriosly, would a pig really know that he was going to die? And if he did would he react like Wilbur did? The world will never know.  Bu tfrom this book you can get an idea.

          One thing I don't like about most of the book is that so far the book has really been limited to just Wilbur's pen.  I feel like E.B. White should have described the outside more, especially when Wilbur really wanted to get out.  I feel like he could have said how Wilbur was itching to get outside and sit under the apple trees or something like that.  But I can't change that.  Nobody could change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment