Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Diamond of Darkhold *Spoilers are included!

        I just finished reading The Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne Duprau.  In this book Lina and Doon venture back into their old underground city called Ember in the hopes of finding supplies to help the Emberites and the people of Sparks make it through the winter.  When they get there Doon is captured by people that have moved into Ember.  Lina manages not to get caught and goes to get help.
        I don't really know what to say about this book, so I'm just going to say that I find it annoying how un-edjucated the people that moved into Ember are.  They are the Trogg family, by the way.  But anyway, they find a big "jewel" and have no clue that it could be more than that.  It has a big metal ring around it! What jewel has that?  None that I know of.
        They are also very inconsiderate of others.  When they first arrived in Ember they  went exploring.  The Troggs soon discovered a river, and beside it... bodies of Emberites that died trying to leave.  And what did they do? They tossed them into the river.  Didn't even bat an eyelash.  I don't mean that they were supposed to have a funeral for them or anything, but I just wish that they would feel a little bit bad about throwing them into the river.
        Those things are just my opinions, but what about the rest of you?  Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment