Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yet another blog about one of Miranda's posts

        Okay, now I know everyone is doing their blogs on Miranda's but I'm still going to write mine about her blog.  The blog of her's that I'm writing about is called Google In Your Brain.  It's about a book called Feed that she was reading at the time.  A feed is a sort of computer in your brain, I guess.  I haven't read the book.  Anyway, what Miranda actually thought about was whether or not the feed actually made you smarter.  And I agree with her.
        The feed can make you smarter.  Just imagine not having to learn anything because you have the answer right at your finger tips, or in your brain, I should say.  You wouldn't have to taake 20 minutes just to solve part a of a math problem.  You would just know it instantly.  But she also said that the feed is bad.  She said that if some one asks you for your opinion then you couldn't give it to them, you could only give them some one else's opinion.  But I have a question.  Everyone has the feed right?  Well then how could they have an opinion in the first place?  You can't.  And you can't search for an opinion because no one can have any, right?  I don't know, thats just something to consider.
        Another thing that Miranda did well was that she went into the book,and put a lot of thought into what she was writing.  And that made it, as I said to her in a comment, very looong.  I need to start expanding my blogs and making them a little bit more insightful.  I have to do what I sometimes did last year, which was wander around in the text.  I think Miranda did that very well.
        Overall, Miranda did a great job.  She managed to convince me to want to read the book, and that is even after I know what the cover looks like, and trust me it's bad.  But I'm going to read this book one day, it seems pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment